first off

kev
This post is 6291 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:blink: :blink: well i did it today guys went to work as normal got into the car park not even considering the fact it was minus five the nite before, went to stick the bike in the usual spot hit loads of ice and down i went.. dented pride and a bent gear shift to my troubles..... pride still sore, hammer sorted gear back to work on it tomorrow......

my wife does not understand the whole bike thing been at her for ma theory test and got no where so guess who spent the money for her valentines present......theory on 14th..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry to hear of this.

The one thing that concerns me with bikes is that I do not know any one person who has ever owned a bike who has not fallen off. So I guess it will happen.

I dread the day of denting my bike and my pride.

Sorry to hear of this.

The one thing that concerns me with bikes is that I do not know any one person who has ever owned a bike who has not fallen off. So I guess it will happen.

If you're gonna have an off, better do it soon because it's cheaper to fix an XT than an R6.

If you're gonna have an off, better do it soon because it's cheaper to fix an XT than an R6.

Thanks for the tip :D

I know I have been reading how expensive they can be if you drop them :blink:

Thanks for the tip :D

I know I have been reading how expensive they can be if you drop them :blink:

Before I start pushing harder, I always get the figure of £1000 in my head so I know if I drop it I will be skint. That usually slows me down. I've not bothered with the crash bobbins because I've seen one with them and it was still scratched all over so I figured just ride slower and more carefully.

Sorry to hear of the spill. More importantly (nothing against the wife and Valentines Day) will you score?! (Get it, the theory test?)

BeePee

cheers dude, pride was dented more than the bike.. hammer sorted that..hteory should be a doddle then test before it snows too hard... :D :D :D :D

Sorry to hear of this.

cheers dude, pride well and trully dented but alas no one saw it and a hammer sorted the bike, gona try get test before bad snow.. :D :D

Sorry to hear of the spill. More importantly (nothing against the wife and Valentines Day) will you score?! (Get it, the theory test?)

BeePee

cheers mate pride well and truly dented but hey shit happens.. couple of taps wi the hammer and we were back on the go

Sorry to hear of this.

cheeers man like you say these things happen just my turn....

Crashing - it ain't IF, it's WHEN, and how hard.

yep and thank being at work i was going quite slow only bent a wee bit hammer sorted it back on the road that nite :D :D :D :D

It's sometimes the slow offs that do more damage . Mate of mine must of been doin 2 mph pulled the front brake on new layed road with all them crappy stones and down he went . Chipped his elbow and got quoted £2000 for the fairing damage :o

It's sometimes the slow offs that do more damage . Mate of mine must of been doin 2 mph pulled the front brake on new layed road with all them crappy stones and down he went . Chipped his elbow and got quoted £2000 for the fairing damage :o

:o

Think I will be fitting stabilisers to the R6 :lol:

thats sore man elbow too.... :blink: :blink: well ive got a guy who did the cbt with me lined up to buy ma wee tw as soon as ma test is done, hows the weather?? its tryin to snow up here but to no avail..

It doesn't take much! Going back to 1981.

Apart from slamming into the front wing of a car (he pulled out infront of me) in my relative youth my pride was most hurt when, a bit like you, I was conscious of it beng down to zero but the roads were dry and this little village road lead me over two small river bridges. I suddenly found I was following my XS750 on my backside (sore). The very cold air had frozen on the road surface of one of the bridges because the low temperature had penetrated through from underneath.

I picked me and my bike up, bent the odd lever back into use and thought to worry about the paint and fairings in the daylight tomorrow when, yes you could have written the script, the salting lorry passed through!!!!!! Just a couple of minutes later and perhaps........

BeePee

unfortunately shit happens mate. but chin up!

good luck for your theory test too :D

cheers man cant wait seems like a long long time.....

It doesn't take much! Going back to 1981.

Apart from slamming into the front wing of a car (he pulled out infront of me) in my relative youth my pride was most hurt when, a bit like you, I was conscious of it beng down to zero but the roads were dry and this little village road lead me over two small river bridges. I suddenly found I was following my XS750 on my backside (sore). The very cold air had frozen on the road surface of one of the bridges because the low temperature had penetrated through from underneath.

I picked me and my bike up, bent the odd lever back into use and thought to worry about the paint and fairings in the daylight tomorrow when, yes you could have written the script, the salting lorry passed through!!!!!! Just a couple of minutes later and perhaps........

BeePee

oh yes that is the law on these things, the ice i slipped on was gone half hour later....

unfortunately shit happens mate. but chin up!

good luck for your theory test too :D

passed man nailed it woopee

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online