Repairing Fz600 lower fairings

86fz600
This post is 6383 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all i currently own a 1986 yamaha fz600 and as most of you prolly know, they are extremely hard to find parts for...aside from buying them from Yamaha. My question is, can i repair cracked or broken fairings? both of my lower fairings are completely broke in half. I tried some J-B Weld but that didnt hold good enough. Any imput would be greatly appreciated. And can any fairings from any of the newer bikes fit with a little mod.?Thanks-

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fiber glassing should do it, My fairing on my 1987 FZR1000 was broken, I ground down the in side and layered about 3 sheets about 4 - 5 inches out from the break and then on the outer side filled in with epoxy resin, the cracks, then smoothed out and repainted. :rolleyes:

Hey all i currently own a 1986 yamaha fz600 and as most of you prolly know, they are extremely hard to find parts for...aside from buying them from Yamaha. My question is, can i repair cracked or broken fairings? both of my lower fairings are completely broke in half. I tried some J-B Weld but that didnt hold good enough. Any imput would be greatly appreciated. And can any fairings from any of the newer bikes fit with a little mod.?Thanks-

As far as repairing the cracks go you can actually use a soldering iron or something similar and weld them back together. You will then have to use and epoxy resin to fill and also add strength but this option is the most cost effective.

Regards

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online