Tuning my Yamaha SR 125...?

craptiger
This post is 6396 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible - easily - to tune my Yamaha SR 125? I'm fairly clued up as to the mechanics of engines etc, but know nothing about tuning them. Is it possible to tune this engine? It's a 1996 model, and I'd really just like it to have a little more ooomph going up hills.

Cheers,

Ben

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible - easily - to tune my Yamaha SR 125? I'm fairly clued up as to the mechanics of engines etc, but know nothing about tuning them. Is it possible to tune this engine? It's a 1996 model, and I'd really just like it to have a little more ooomph going up hills.

Cheers,

Ben

I seem to remember this was discussed before in this forum. The SR was designed to have 12hp and therefore isn't economically tunable. Better to get a 2 stroke (pre '79 were unrestricted, i had a kh125)and tune them if you're after speed.

Ah, shame. The reason I got this bike was so my partner could learn. It would just have been nice to have a wee bit more power up the hills and on the open roads. Never mind, I'll get her to take her full test and then I can get something a little bigger!

Thanks for your help anyway.

B

I seem to remember this was discussed before in this forum. The SR was designed to have 12hp and therefore isn't economically tunable. Better to get a 2 stroke (pre '79 were unrestricted, i had a kh125)and tune them if you're after speed.

• 3 weeks later...

:blink:

:blink::blink: nnoo i work for a garage in southshields i know ya can not do that