FZ6 Aftermarket Pipes

Jocko13
This post is 6436 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have recently put on Scorpion pipes on my '05 FZ6(they sound and perform amazing), but I have also started to notice that the engine is cutting out when I come to a stop after an extended highway drive, I have been running it on 87 octane since I got it a year and a half ago and have put on nearly 20,000 kms without any problems prior to this, one suggestion was that the octane level should be above 87?

Anyone have any suggestions or similiar problems?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 3 weeks later...

I have recently put on Scorpion pipes on my '05 FZ6(they sound and perform amazing), but I have also started to notice that the engine is cutting out when I come to a stop after an extended highway drive, I have been running it on 87 octane since I got it a year and a half ago and have put on nearly 20,000 kms without any problems prior to this, one suggestion was that the octane level should be above 87?

Anyone have any suggestions or similiar problems?

Could be the TPS throttle position sensor thats causing it to cut out! Known problem over here in UK see your dealer as this should be a warranty job ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online