H4 Headlight

padstow2004
This post is 6454 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi I Have A 1981 XS400SE is it possible to convert the headlight To the more powerfull H4 headlight

I belive a honda superdream 250N lamp fits, never tried it myself though and i would consider reducing the rear lamps to 8 watts or so to compensate for the voltage drain or you may find that the charging system can't cope. (halogen 60/55 W) you may need to fit the H4 connector as well.

if you want to have the proper reflector then try

http://www.pgmyamaha.com/MOCOMMAINLIST%201.xls they have a kit for the RD's which should fit the XS, I would phone first as they are very helpful.

I bought a gear change shaft marked for a rd400 and it fitted my XS (you can't get these from yam any more)

Yes the Honda wet dream one dos the trick i have one on my Rd400 and another nos stock one to go in my next project 400, or as you say Jonny at PGM is a very helpful guy and has the halogen units,

Merv

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online