Fresh on the site just after advice

This post is 393 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all.

Registered on the site tonight as a full member and after some advice.

Got a 2006 YBR 125cc carb model in silver. Runs sweet but in need of a bit of TLC.

Loads of choices on chain and sprockets (which mine is in desperate need of). Any advice on what size and teeth size to go for? Pro's and cons to 14 front v 15 front and 45 v 49 rear? Chain of 428 x 118 v 428 x 134?

Also, its missing the LH side panel (battery cover). I've ordered a new one off ebay. Can anyone recommend a supplier or part for the lock? Ideally I'd get it to match the ignition key i guess but is this normal or does it normally come with a separate key to ignition? It literally doesn't have a panel so no idea whether the key should match the ignition.

KR and thanks for reading 👍  🏍

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome in...

Couldn't comment on sprocket gearing, but, worth getting the part number from somewhere like Fowlers Parts | Genuine Motorcycle Parts & Spares, then running searches for 2nd hand options, or going to somewhere like Yambits : Yambits - Yamaha Parts for new...
It WOULD have been all the same key (ignition, seat & fuel cap), the only way to get a matching set now though, is to replace all of them...
It MAY be that you could get a locksmith to alter one, but it wouldn't be cheap!!!

HI Snakebite68.

Thanks for your reply. I've had a look at Fowler's and will probably make a few enquiries over the phone after Tuesday.

Regarding the keys, its an ass but don't really want to be spending too much on the keys. Might have to just accept the fact that i'll have an additional key.

Thanks for the reply and help 🏍👍

The keys aren't a huge thing, but it WILL annoy you. You just have to decide how homicidal you get before you need to make them a set again! lol
But for now, all you're looking for is to get everything working.
Keep an eye on E-Bay for a 2nd hand set from a breakers, stuff turns up all the time, and a key set gives you little to no reliability worries...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online