GGGRRRRR! I've been ripped off!

kendo phil
This post is 6406 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well, my near perfect record of ebay purchases has been derailed. I recently invested in a seat unit for one of my many bikes, paid my money only for the bloke to convinently dissapear without a trace. Despite numerous emails and attempted phone calls - nothing. Being as man of limited means I dont have a lot of money to invest in my bikes and with a little one only weeks away I need to be mobile to get to work to pay for nappies etc, so if you are out there 'jgwlong' (ebay name) thanks a bunch! My advice to any of you ebaying for bits is to look out for this ebay ID and excercise caution.

PS does anybody have any ideas on how best to fix a baby seat to a motorcycle? (only joking)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry to your bad news, bad enough at the best of times but even worse with a kid on the way :angry:

Have you contacted ebay and told them the tale? It may be possible for them to chase the guy up if he is a persistent offender, you may get your money returned.

good luck,

Andy

• Admin

As Andy has said contact ebay i think they guarantee purchases upto £50 :unsure:

I have reported it to ebay, but it is too small an amount to qualify for their refund policy. Looking at the guys feedback I'm not the only one he's done this to.

With a bit of luck bike Karma will catch up with this guy and his nuts will drop off!

I have reported it to ebay, but it is too small an amount to qualify for their refund policy.

Convenient little get out clause!

One thing I read recently about paypal was that you assume you have up to £500 buyer protection, thats not entirely true. They take money out of the sellers account only if its THERE so if you paid 200 quid and he only has 50 in his paypal account then thats what you get :o I thought paypal reimbursed you and THEY pursued the seller, apparantly not.

• Admin

Yeah its a rip off... they dont actually cover you for anything really :angry:

I have the guys address so if I ever find myself in Par, Cornwall, I may go and ask him for either my seat or my money back.

• 1 month later...

I have the guys address so if I ever find myself in Par, Cornwall, I may go and ask him for either my seat or my money back.

If you paid by credit card i am sure you can claim against them. I would try them.

I recon if I get my hands on a GT550 or 750 then I could connect the baby seat to the pannier pick up points!

:D

Sorry to hear about your rip off mate is there anyone on the forum that lives that way? they could pop round and have a little word (nudge nudge wink wink say no more) on your behalf.I might be able to help out with the kiddie thing my wife got a parcel this morning so you can have the box and i got a couple of old bungee cords some where in the garage :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online