LED bulbs for 2001 XVS650 Classic

Jules65
This post is 773 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I am thinking about replacing the headlight, parking, indicator and tail/brake lights bulbs with LED ones. Has anyone else tried this and had any problems?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not done it, but obviously you need drivers for them too.
I'd personally look out for kits.

But the first thing you need to know is: Is your bike CANbus (Controller Area Network bus)? If it is, you're in for a world of confusion! lol

Thanks for the info. I don't think the v-stars have canbus, but I will look into it further. I have been looking at complete headlight lenses LED replacement kits but I think it might spoil the look(?). Thanks again, Jules.

Oh, and contrary to popular belief, you can't just stick an LED bulb into a incandescent/halogen light (even though they DO make LEDs to fit), because an LED bulb requires a different shaped mirror...

I did read that about the halogen lens reflectors not being suitable for led bulbs in most cases. It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has fitted them. Jules.