FZ6 Accessories

TravsFZ6
This post is 6452 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just bought a 2006 Blue FZ6. I pick it up this Saturday. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what type soft or hard bags to use. Also what about the chin fairing...is it worth it?

Thanks

Travis

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I had an 04; put SHAD SH43 side bags on. Worked great, I was able to put my whole backpack in one. Skip the chin fairing, not that great. If I had it to do again I'd opt for the guard and try to farkle highway pegs onto it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 2006 Blue FZ6. I pick it up this Saturday. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what type soft or hard bags to use. Also what about the chin fairing...is it worth it?

Thanks

Travis

I bought the soft seat bag that is offered on the yamaha web site and it works well but the top portion faded very badly over time and now doesn't look all that great...........also the engine guard not only looks good but works well as I found out but cannot be used in conjunction with the under cowelling..........I have 20,000kms on my bike now and still love it like I just got it...............safe riding!