SR125 Starting problem

Juddie
This post is 6530 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a SR125 on a 1994 plate. I am having intermittent starting problems and wondered if anyone could give me advice.

I have a new battery, new clutch cable and new plug, but there doesnt seem to be enough power going through, to turn the starter motor. Its turning it, but not fast enough.

Sometimes it starts fine, sometimes it wont. It can be running fine, then if I stall it or have to stop, it sometimes wont start again and has to be bumped.

Tonight, a car pulled out on me, causing me to stall..... I couldnt start it and had to push it to a suitable place to bump it. :angry:

Also, the kill switch will not move, I dont know if this is relevant or not.

I am new to biking and not very mechanically minded, so any help or advice you could give me would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That Kill Switch would be the 1st item I'd address ;)

sounds like the contacts inside might be corroded....causing it to earth intermittently.

If you take apart the switchgear on that side of the handlebar......you can then spray it down good with some WD-40......which'll hopefully free things up a bit. ;)

If the problem continues.....then you might have an issue with the starter itself :unsure:

Hope this helps :)

That Kill Switch would be the 1st item I'd address ;)

sounds like the contacts inside might be corroded....causing it to earth intermittently.

If you take apart the switchgear on that side of the handlebar......you can then spray it down good with some WD-40......which'll hopefully free things up a bit. ;)

If the problem continues.....then you might have an issue with the starter itself :unsure:

Hope this helps :)

Morning,

Thanks for your reply. My OH took the switchgear apart and sprayed it yesterday but that didnt work. He's going to have another look at thins today.Will let you know the verdict.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online