Yamaha Aerox R 2016 Exhaust HELP

gb.404
This post is 2648 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

May not be an obvious question. Have you checked to see if the new exhaust has that connection. 

Or that there isnt some instruction saying blank off pipe x with blue tac or such? (Sarcasm. Dont use blutac).

It's to help the bike pass emissions, my bike has the same thing, it introduces fresh air into the exhaust just before the CAT to help improve combustion of any unburnt fuel that comes out of the engine. If you follow it back it will lead to your airbox, you should be able to remove the entire system and plug up the hole in the air box and be ok. 

However, I'm not familiar with every model of motorcycle ever, it might work slightly differently than I described, or not even be that at all, but that's my best "educated" guess as it seems identical to my YBR. Also you might void your warranty, so check that before buying a new exhaust. 

When i changed my exhaust to a leo vinci zx i simply plugged the hose and secured out the way. Bike ran great, however to get the bike to run properly with the new exhaust i had to change the carburettor jet, might be worth considering.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online