Help!!

JOEY D
This post is 6536 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Right mate you have two options. Get a stud remover (if there is enough of the stud to grip).

The second is drill the stud out and then get a tap and die set to re-thread the manifold.

Regards

Guest Tomg

drill a hole not very deep into the bolt, then get a star bit that is just a bit bigger then the hole not very much (one that you can use to get out allen bolts as well as the hexagonal bit) and hammer it into the hole this should put enough of the star bit into the hole then just undo the bolt. hope that helps.

drill a hole not very deep into the bolt, then get a star bit that is just a bit bigger then the hole not very much (one that you can use to get out allen bolts as well as the hexagonal bit) and hammer it into the hole this should put enough of the star bit into the hole then just undo the bolt. hope that helps.

I would also say to soak it wd40 1 hour before.

Right mate you have two options. Get a stud remover (if there is enough of the stud to grip).

The second is drill the stud out and then get a tap and die set to re-thread the manifold.

Regards

Cheers mate, here goes.

J

Cheers mate!

J

Cheers mate!

Cheers mate!

J

Maybe a bit of heat from a blow lamp around the outside of the stud would help but be very careful that you do not set the thing on fire.

merv

• Admin

Did you get it sorted?

If not...

Buy some easi outs...

Put penatrating oil on it the night before, drill a hole through the centre of the bolt, heat it up with a blow lamp as suggested.

Then screw in the easi out and just keep turning it.

Or goto a local welder and get him to weld a bolt to the end, which you can just take off with a spanner.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online