Help yamaha xvs 650 classic 2003

jonnyf
This post is 2927 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Need help guys. My 650 was going great to last week. Pesky intermitent problem. When give her a bit of throttle she is cutting out sometimes. I left it in to get checked but mechanic cud find nothing wrong when he rode it around yard. I thought maybe dirty carbs. Strange thing, when I put her in my garage last night all electric power went off. Took battery bay cover off. What ever I touched whilst doing this the electric power went back on. Could this all be a loose electrical connection - intermittent throttle and all electrics failing once. Battery is fine only 6 weeks old. Where do I start?

Jonny

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Could be a poor/non existant earth connection.

You say the battery is only six weeks old - has the earth cable become loose or broken during replacement?

Disconnect battery check and clean earth teminal on battery and bike. Reconnect and see what happens.

Good luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online