New bars

Variomatic
This post is 2941 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

13014892_596103510542584_1802779816_n_zp

Screenshot%20from%202016-04-15%20112824_

What do you guys think? (keep in mind that the cables had yet to be cleaned up at this point in the installation) 

Gotta say the difference in handing is ridiculous, I've found that what was once the limit on a bend is now more than comfortable, plus I'm enjoying the new riding stance a lot, feels like this is how the bike should have come from the factory, not with those ridiculous mini apes. Probably gonna get a set of bar risers (it just touches slightly at full lock), shorten the wiring coming from the controls and get myself a new front break line (needed one anyway).

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

They look nice, a good wide grip and plenty of leverage when you need it, use S/S brake lines if you really want it to stop well.

9 minutes ago, slice said:

They look nice, a good wide grip and plenty of leverage when you need it, use S/S brake lines if you really want it to stop well.

I've only got 10HP, and the crappy standard lines already quite good, I'll probably not spend a bomb on braided lines but I'll definitely not cheap out. Only issu I have with the new bars if that I'm a little cramped, but I'll see how it is in day to day for the next for weeks, still got the old ones if I don't like them. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online