XS 750 downpipes

ifielding
This post is 3151 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Is there anybody on here that has a good knowledge on the 77 to 81 XS750 series of bikes?

My question is did the 3 downpipes change in any way throughout their production. Would a 1977 downpipes still fit a 1980 bike?

Thanks in advance

Ian

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ian, couple of things, please don't ask the same question on different parts of the site, gets folks pissed, most pipes have the part number on the end, where it goes into the silencer/muffler, sorry about that but don't know where you are in the world as you haven't filled in your details, if the numbers are the same on both pipes then obviously they will fit but even if they are only 1 number out then pretty sure they won't. That's the best I can do I'm afraid. On my XJ750 the pipes from a Maxim 750 would fit but from the XJ650 they wouldn't, same engine just different barrels, sometimes the difference is tiny but you will NEVER get them to seal if they are even slightly wrong.

• Like 1

Hi Ian, yes on the very end of the pipe you will find a set of letter/numbers, quite hard to see sometimes but worth the effort, saves you buying the wrong thing and wasting time trying to fit something that looks right but isn't. Good luck with you search.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online