My little Lad's a Biker again!

YamaHead
This post is 6547 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Since I just landed a new job starting on my lad's birthday next Tuesday...

Decided to celebrate him turning 9 a little early :) .....

9thBirthday003.jpg

He was stoked about getting a proper bike......just got to face a bit of a vertical learning curve in coming to grips with the Clutch :D

9thBirthday.jpg

I figure by my birthday in June, he'll be ready to head over to Central Oregon with me & tear up my brother's 10 acre spread. B)

After scrambling to fix an oil leak (bad clutch cover gasket) only an hour before I gave it to him :unsure: ......I had a go on it just up the street......& I gotta say......the little beast goes pretty well for an 80cc Thump! ;) ......can really feel the effect of the shaved flywheel & aftermarket cam.......she Revs like a stroker! :thumb:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

9thBirthday003.jpg

He was stoked about getting a proper bike......just got to face a bit of a vertical learning curve in coming to grips with the Clutch :D

9thBirthday.jpg

I figure by my birthday in June, he'll be ready to head over to Central Oregon with me & tear up my brother's 10 acre spread. B)

After scrambling to fix an oil leak (bad clutch cover gasket) only an hour before I gave it to him :unsure: ......I had a go on it just up the street......& I gotta say......the little beast goes pretty well for an 80cc Thump! ;) ......can really feel the effect of the shaved flywheel & aftermarket cam.......she Revs like a stroker! :thumb:

bless him :) just look at that smile on his face :D:D

Scott

ice to see a happy smiling face, bet he will get hours of fun from that bike

My 17 year old pased his driving test at teh first attempt on friday, He is gone off on his own for the weekend to his gliding lessons,saves me having to wait for him to phone and say come and get me

merv

Nice going Yamahead.

9thBirthday003.jpg

9thBirthday.jpg

nICE ONE YAMAHEAD HIS FACE SAYS IT ALL!

I don't know how many requests I've got to be someone else's Dad since I've posted this! :D

What can I say?....I Love My Kid! :wub: .....especially since he's a bit of a survivor like me...

He had a 2lb. Cancerous tumor wrapped around his kidney when he was only a year old. :blink:

They went in & took the tumor & the kidney......& he's had a clean bill of health ever since. B)

I'm afraid an R1 is just a bit outta my price range Sir Tom :unsure:

I've only got a hard-earned $500 into the little XR....which is still less than I had into my lad's former PW50 steed. :thumb:

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

Hows he getting on with it mate? Has he sussed the clutch ;)

TBH Alex...has hasn't had alot of time on it as of late......with me being outta town all week long :unsure:

That should soon change though.......I've got him after me now, to go over to my bro's place so he can practice with that clutch a bit more & ride to places like this on my bro's property B) .....

XT_SweetView.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online