running xvs1300 with o2 sensor unpluged

meatloaf
This post is 3186 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My new bike had the surging issues at low speeds that all xvs1300's have, these got worse after I fitted my new Cobra swept pipes, I intended to do Jack's o2 mod as I did on my previous bike but couldn't find that safe place I where I stored the spare resistors. I remembered reading somewhere that a lot of stryker owners across the pond where running their bikes with the o2 sensor unplugged so I unplugged mine and went for a spin, a much smoother ride all round probably as good as my previous bike with Jack's mod. Now there is a whole lot of bollocks on the interweb thingy about dangers of running bikes in this way but as far as I can tell the o2 sensor is only used under certain conditions the main one being at idle or low speeds when it runs on a very lean mixture and by unplugging the sensor the mixture is richer but only under the conditions the sensor is being used. Does anyone know if I am being a complete prick and got it totally wrong and missed something important.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not sure to be honest. I'd guess the US guys would know best as they've had the Stryker for about 4 years now so any issues ought to have been uncovered by now.

I thought Jack's mod just made it run richer at low speeds anyway?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online