new r1 exaust/tach reading strangely

adir1
This post is 6536 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:huh:

can anybody please help me. as my techo keeps reading 3k then nil then 3k then nil even when i ride it. ts only been doing it since the shop put my new straight through can on.

its a pain but the bike runs fine????????????????????????

thanks dudes

adi

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:huh:

can anybody please help me. as my techo keeps reading 3k then nil then 3k then nil even when i ride it. ts only been doing it since the shop put my new straight through can on.

its a pain but the bike runs fine????????????????????????

thanks dudes

adi

Hey just wondering what year modle R1 is it??

on the R6's this is some sort of diagnostic warning device maybe to to with oil pressure or something. Have a look in the manual.

Regards

• 1 month later...

thanks mate

Hi,

A tacho jumping to 3,000 rpm is a fault code : low fuel pressure, I suspect the garage that fitted you exhaust pipe for you lifted the tank for some reason ? Either that or the pressure sensor or it's wires have failed because they feel like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but, i just bought the Akrapovic Megaphone pipe for my R6. In the fitting instructions it says you have to disconnect the EXUP Valve but leave the servo electrical supply connected otherwise you'll get an error warning on the dash. Maybe they have disconnect the servo electrical supply and not re-connected it. Just a thought

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online