YZF 750 R 1993

camdyl
This post is 6587 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My R6 has started doing this aswell mate. I think it might be running a little rich but it is going in for a service on tuesday so if I get any info will let you know.

My R6 has started doing this aswell mate. I think it might be running a little rich but it is going in for a service on tuesday so if I get any info will let you know.

Cheers Robbie,Its booked in next week for a major But I was just woundering on your thoughts Thanks Paul.

Just got me bike back from its service. Basically everything was slightly out of balance on my bike like carbs etc so this lead to the engine not being as effecient as it could be allowing unburnt fuel into the exhaust.

Really easy for a mechanic to find esp. of its in for a major service soon.

Regards

Just got me bike back from its service. Basically everything was slightly out of balance on my bike like carbs etc so this lead to the engine not being as effecient as it could be allowing unburnt fuel into the exhaust.

Really easy for a mechanic to find esp. of its in for a major service soon.

Regards

Hi How do you find your bike as in performance now after the sevice is there a big difference that you notice now?? Thats true what your saying you can have a couple of little things out of wack and its throws the whole thing out Cheers Paul.

Just got back from work. On a dual carriageway slip road was overtaking a couple of cars before it ended and realised I was doing around about 65mph in first gear at only about 12k it used to only do that at 14 so that gives you a clue as to how much it can effect the running of the engine. As far as performance goes it is a lot easier to get the power out now as clutch and gears are a lot smoother to use and the throttle is a little more responsive.

Regards

Carbs can easily provide an extra 1-2 horses when set up properly. It's one of the easiest ways to get power from a bike without changing anything.

I have a 2-stroke and it is really noticable when the carbs need adjusting.

Carbs can easily provide an extra 1-2 horses when set up properly. It's one of the easiest ways to get power from a bike without changing anything.

I have a 2-stroke and it is really noticable when the carbs need adjusting.

Thanks guys I cant wait for my major but the place i go to have a really really good reputation and I cant get it in till the 4th may, O well as they all say you have to wait for good things by the sounds of it my bike should go a lot better!! plus everyone i talk to tells me that the valves on mine are really critical having the valve out i will loose alot of power anyway hope you all have good days at work and safe riding.Cheers Paul.