ybr custom 2009 few things

sutty86
This post is 3353 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well hello all

New to the world of motorbikes and bought a ybr which I'm trying to get to grips with and wondered if anyone could help.

So first point is I'm in need on an exhaust the one on is rusting slowly away found a very small hole in the underside today so just on the lookout for a new exhaust.

Second after I leave bike running on neutral its dies after a few mins revs creep low and cuts out...

I changed the spark plug the other day to a ch7hix as I had a non starting issue with the stock plug.

And thirdly having a problem with the neutral indicator bike will go into neutral but the light will not go on nine times out of ten..and when I do find neutral and release clutch bike still runs until I drop the side stand... Obviously bike has some relay messed up somewhere..

I've bought myself a multi meter battery with engine running idle is around 12.6v

Bike is fuel inj 2009

As abit of rust which I'll try sort out with wd40 and wirewool unless anyone has a better idea...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The neutral light is worked by the detent plunger, it earths and light comes on, thers a small switch [ near front sprocket ] you should see the wire /connection, , clean this first, do you have a manual, ?

12.6 at idle :eusa_think: and what volts if revved ?

Small hole in the 'zorst - it's supposed to be there, it's for draining condensation away.

Shouldn't the plug be a cr6? I would go for a 7 if the thing was sooting up all the time, but only after checking the fuel mixture was set properly.

Neutral light - some bikes just won't go into neutral, some are easy, some get a false neutral that's just north or south of real neutral so the light stays off. If you're getting an 'in-between' neutral and put the sidestand down, the safety switch will cut the engine (I think).

As John says, 12.6v at idle, should climb to about 14.5v with revs.

Rust removal - try using crumpled up tin foil and diet coke, the cheaper the better, Tesco's value stuff is great (for this not drinking!). The coke contains phosphoric acid and the tin foil will not scratch the chrome like wire wool would.

That should give you something to get going on with for now.

You're welcome.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online