Bike won't start (electrical)

Scott8155
This post is 3442 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'll put one up when I get chance tomorrow, my manual is in the garage. I may be wrong, he's the expert not me aha. I have seen the headlight relay and it attaches just above the cdi. Well regardless of if this is correct or not, we will see when the new part comes this week. Hopefully he was right

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes but if you have not corrected the problem then you will blow the new cdi as soon as you plug it in and hook power to it.

If you hooked up the coil wires wrong and left it that way then it will dammage the new one, post the diagram and I will sort it out,wireing is my thing among other things but I like it the best when it comes to fixing things .

I can find faults even in the diagrams that are suposed to be right . Honest it does happen with non factory diagrams and even factory ones.

Give me a few hours dt, I'm at university at the moment, I will be home at 2ish, what time that is for you I don't know. Also, I have undone everything I did and wired my old speedo back in for now. One thing I forgot to add what someone has been in there before me (previous owner) and the wiring is shocking! After market indicators taped together, and some terrible crimps around the wiring loom. I'm no expert but Christ its awful.

Quick thought; is it within forum rules for me to post the diagram?

Well unless I'm missing something, its not the cdi unit, new part just came and I plugged it in. God sake