Dreaded ybr headlight

comfortablynumb
This post is 3492 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Posted this in the newbie section, was advised to move it here, so here goes.

Hiya there guys, I picked up a little 08 YBR 125 in early summer, good nick and runs very well, had an issue with the fuel pump in the summer but other than that its been solid, have been loving it commuting to work every day even with winter drawing in.

Issue is i commute early mornings, leaving the house at 6am its already pitch black, mostly unlit 60mph b roads, which called attention to the very poor headlight. I'm having to slow down considerably, other cars don't notice me all the time,my stomach is in my throat untill i get back into the land of streetlamps.

Its the ba20d fitting, i upgraded the lamp to a ring halogen, which is a little brighter, but emphasized the weird beam pattern, do you think this is normal for high beam, the low beam looks normal and circular, but the high beam is mushroom shaped and the dark spots arent helping, is my reflector messed up?

svtp8w.jpg

2r4oggn.jpg

I have heated grips fitted so im hesitant to install extra cree spot lights, not sure if the bike would handle the extra watts and i reallllly like my heated grips.

I looked into HIDs but was eventually turned off as the beam pattern wont be right without the right projector lamp, apparently.

Would swapping in a h4 lamp unit improve things?

Other than that i'm pretty stumped, i dont want to spend a fortune on my little bike.

Little side question (Sorry!) is there a trick to getting the front sprocket cover off? Screws arent budging, guess its jammed on with chain lube probs.

Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Somewhere on this forum someone has written about using led spots. Try using the search on here. Keep thinking about them for my SR