TZR50 04 Fuel Gauge?

Cynical_Flame
This post is 3558 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, I not to long ago got my first bike a TZR50 04 I'm still waiting for my licences documents to come before I get on the road so I have taken this time to just work on the bike, it was second hand bought so it needed a little tlc but my question is, is it possble to install a fuel gauge onto the bike, I have orderd a new universal speedo for the bike and it comes with a fuel guage on the speedo but not with a sender unit or anything.

Would it be possible to buy something like this and install it into my bike, or do I need to find a part specially made for my bike model.

I saw one on eBay and it drove me to ask this question as it would be nice feature to have a fuel gauge on my bike.

Thanks to anyone who took their time to read this :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Never heard of an after market fuel gauge, someone will be along now and say there are hundreds of them, is it so difficult to just open the lid and have a look inside? Most of the ready fitted fuel gauges have a gert big hole drilled into the bottom of the tank so if your feeling lucky then snag a sender off of a scrapper and see how it goes, you could of course just fit another tank with it already installed just finding one that will fit your bike is then the problem. Not much help I'm afraid but hope some of that points you to a solution.

• Like 1

Never heard of an after market fuel gauge, someone will be along now and say there are hundreds of them, is it so difficult to just open the lid and have a look inside? Most of the ready fitted fuel gauges have a gert big hole drilled into the bottom of the tank so if your feeling lucky then snag a sender off of a scrapper and see how it goes, you could of course just fit another tank with it already installed just finding one that will fit your bike is then the problem. Not much help I'm afraid but hope some of that points you to a solution.

Thanks for your reply.

And to be frank, yes I could 'just look inside' which is what i'm doing at the moment. and about what you said about after market fuel gauges, I have seen a whole bunch online, but I think they can only be fitted into tanks that already have/had a sender unit installed. Anyway thanks for your reply.

Sorry that's what I meant that you can replace one if it's broken but if you don't have one in the first place then you could fit one to your present tank (cut big hole and hope it don't leak!) or buy a tank from another bike that fits and use the one in that.

Or drill a hole in the top of the tank and put a stick in it. Scratch that, it was probably a bad idea for more than one reason.

If you have a reserve on your fuel tap, you get used to it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online