YBR Custom Luggage racks and options

davebry88
This post is 3552 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all

I've had my bike for a few weeks now and and getting tired of wearing a standard backpack for my commute so I am looking into storage options for my uniform and other bits.

The YBR Custom has a luggage rack on the back but I am not too fond of the top box solutions out there. I can't seem to find any clear answer to this elsewhere but can tail packs fasten to luggage racks?

I know that may sound like the dumbest question ever but it seems like some fastenings would not be suitable for the rack?

Does anyone have any tips or recommendations?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have Hard luggage on the XJ and a set of soft luggage both are great but I prefer the soft luggage as it just sits across the seat and you can still carry a pillion if you want, not much help there I know, so if I had to choose between the two I would have soft luggage, holds about the same amount and has plenty of room for odds and sod's and if your filtering they are not such a problem cos they sit nearer to the bike and don't stick out like hard luggage does. But if money were no object I would buy the large tail pack cos that way you can tell anyone that there's not enough room for a pillion and they hold twice the amount of most panniers. I think as well you can use the tail pack as a ruck sack type thing to make it easier to haul your stuff around. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online