Dt125 front disc brake

ZuluMikey
This post is 3573 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, Michael here i am still new to bikes and have recently when through changing my brake pads, however before attempting the front as i loosened it a split in the caliper appeared and it has lost all its compression. i have ordered some quicksteel to attempt patching it in the mean time however, the main reason for the post is this:

What can the caliper be replaced with if not the original dt125r ones as it currently has a dt125x caliper on it. (was like this when i brought the bike)

The main thing im concerned about is what will fit. =)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Post a picture of this "split" I have never seen a caliper split open. Seals leak ,pistons seized broken off in a accident but never just split open.

The amount of pressure in a brake system will blow any patch job off short of welding it.

To your question any caliper could be made to fit, but as there are lots of parts on flea bay you should be able to find the right one for your bike.

EDIT: dtr and dtx would use the same caliper

This is the bar. Workshop questions should be either in the workshop section or the specific style of bike sections.

Before I lock this post, brakes are key to keeping you alive. If they fail, you can die. A person I work with had a knock on the door from 2 police officers a couple of months ago. A bike they had PX'ed had a brake failure with the new owner and the new owner died in an accident. Don't mess with "gluing" brake parts together.

Please repost this in the workshop section because the advice you get could save your life.

Topic locked.

• Like 1

This post is 3573 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.