Dt175mx swingarm clevis pin needed

This post is 3539 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does any body know where i can get one? Its a 79 round swingarm. Had to cut through it to get it out.

Regards Simon

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks tried them but no stock.

S.

do you have a part number ? or size for this clevis pin ?

no 29 in this diagram? http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-dt175f-1979_model8692/partslist/D-04.html#results

I have some stainless clevis pins here , they are the ones of rthe RD etc rear foortrests 6mm x 35mm and longer ones the same diamtere that fit the TDR 250 rear footrests 6mm x 40mm , or i have 8mm x35mm lengths do not include the heads , and can be supplied woith stainless washers and cotter pins if they are any god to you that is

okj afger a bit of research i se the part number is 91701-06042-00 which is the same as the TDR rear footrest ones , wemoto quote £2.62 each mild steel if you want originality without postage or washer or cotter pin + post if you want stainless i wil do the lot (2 clevis pins, 2 washers, 2 cotter pins ) for £6 posted , but please check that 6mm x 40 mm is correct

I had the same trouble trying to source one back in 2011 for my round tube swing arm.

I ended up using an M10 Stainless Steel bolt about 20cm long with a long plain shank, I cut off the threaded part and drilled a hole in the side for a split pin. (surprisingly easy to drill with a new bit)

It was a nice snug fit, no play, and is still there today. Works a treat.

The plain shaft has a diameter of 12mm same as the original.

Cost was a few pound on ebay i think I bought a pack of two.

• Like 1

You mean M6 neo. I did the same thing myself.

Ah thought we were talking about the safety pins at the back of the sw'arm.

Item 29 in mervs post.

That item 17 has been a big bolt on mine for 20 years. Never knew what size.

None of those unfortunately. Am thinking of purchasing a swingarm pivot bolt and cutting it down to clevis pin length.

S.

I don't have a clue of which part you are talking about.

I did learn something about the DT175 today though. It has a reverse switch :hah:LINKY. :shakeno:

PS: Before anyone tells me it is not a reverse switch, I already know that.

It is the pin that holds the bottom of the shock to top of swingarm.

S.

As others have said a grade 8 bolt of 6 inch length will have a smooth surface for the first 3.5 inches so just cut the threaded part off and drill a hole for the cotter pin. I've got a bunch of old cylinder head bolts from cars that would work as all new cars use strech bolts they are only good for 1 use so any auto shop will have a bunch just stop and ask be more than strong enough for this application. Or check out a nut and bolt supplier they carry pins like that for hydraulic rams.

Went to Brian S Pope Ltd in stockport Chheshire (Engineers Supplies) Got a M12X160 Capscrew with hex on head with two washers and splitpin. He said this is the stongest bolt we do.

many thanks Guys for your help.

Now for a dating cert/mot/insurance on vin.

Oh and put it back together first as frame and swingarm has just come back from powdercoaters looking amazing!

Simon

Went to Brian S Pope Ltd in stockport Chheshire (Engineers Supplies) Got a M12X160 Capscrew with hex on head with two washers and splitpin. He said this is the stongest bolt we do.

many thanks Guys for your help.

Now for a dating cert/mot/insurance on vin.

Oh and put it back together first as frame and swingarm has just come back from powdercoaters looking amazing!

Simon

which coaters did you use?

Stockport powder coating Hallam mill

He quoted 80 to 100 over phone. It was 100.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online