Help

kenny70
This post is 6646 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My Local Yamaha dealer puts Mobil 1 fully sinthetic oil in mine. I've been told you can't interchange between sinthetic and semi sinthetic so you should find out what is in already.

Regards

Robbie

i would say what you put in depends entirely on where, and how you ride. i wouldn't worry about synthetic/semi synth stuff... use what is recommended for your conditions... just thoroughly drain your oil, and put a new filter in, and then top off. never heard of synth/semi synth/dino oil problems when you do a full change. those oils aren't compatible with each other (as in don't add a semi synth if you're running a full synthetic, or a dino oil if you're running synth etc.). what is recommended for your bike to start with?

the manual says to use 10w-40 oil this covers all riding condition apart from racing, the alternative is 15w-40 but only in warner climates (uk summer)

i use a semi sythetic all year round and change it every 6 months and my thundercat is purring like a kitten. and that is with covering aprox 10,000miles a year.

im not too sure if you can mix full and semi oil but ill look into it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online