Engine Oil???

Bakakos
This post is 6451 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello to everybody!

Any suggestions about the engine oil for my FZ 750 88'???

I make use of IGOL RACING! What do you think?

All the FZ owners I was asking they told me that the gearbox is very sensitive ad it needs alot of attention!

Any replies? Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

go to bel-ray's website... www.bel-ray.com thy're full synth or semi synth ought to suit you pretty nicely. redline also makes some nice oils... they'd be worth checking out. you can always email their tech departments for some input as well. doesn't yamalube make a synthetic yet? i really don't see how you could go wrong with the manufacturer's blends.

Thank you for your posts!

With the yamalube and the castrol gtx I had problem with the clutch system especially when the engine was cold!

Before the usage of IGOL RACING I used Motul 5100 with the same results!!!

As far as the Bel-Ray is concerned, I believe that is preferable for BMW bikes!

Hello Beezkneez! :)

How many miles you've got with the FZR? :mellow:

Genesis or Exup engine?

I thought motul was the best but not anymore! Becides motul was made from IGOL factory in France, but I'm not satisfied from IGOL RACING in YAMAHA engine!!! Many friends of mine who have HONDA are absolutelly satisfied! ;)

What is your opinion? :unsure:

its an EXUP ru with just over 20,000miles on it. I've used Motul ever since '94 and i'm well happy with it B)

• 6 months later...

i would probably recommend castrol too. the one in the green bottle with red liquid.

did wonders for my tzr and works beautifully in my hornet!

are you using semi synthetic or fully?

as due to your milage (im guessing) you may be able to run it on fully synthetic oil because of the mileage covered by the engine it will probably be properly bedded in. therfore allowing the use of fully synthetic oil. however its best not used on new engines. i would guess that the race oil works well because of it being quite runny and heats up much quicker which allows it to run freeer around the engine. hence why castrol gtx gives you a bit of a problem because it is quite viscous and takes longer to warm up. :)

hope that helps anyway!! :P

happy riding! B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online