dt 125 query

DtMitch
This post is 3621 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, just got a couple of questions about my bike.

The top end is apparently 700 miles old and pulls very strongly, but uses a wossner forged piston and slaps when cold until warmed. How long shall i leave it to warm up before riding?

Also, after a 700 mile old rebuild would you guys say its ok to be doing/attempting wheelies, after warming up of course?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Your NOT REALLY asking if it's ok to do WHEELIES are you? Plus you have piston slap FFS!!!! If you really must then ok but first I would ask a mate to be nearby to call the RAC/AA and then the Ambulance. :biglaugha: :biglaugha:

PS RAC/AA for when it blows/seizes up and the ambulance for when it spits you into the path of the oncoming lorry.

Haha well from what ive just read online its normal for wossner pistons to slap when cold. The engine pulls very well and i cant see that it would sieze doing a wheelie (on private roads of course

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online