Got my ultrasonic cleaner today

DirtyDT
This post is 3768 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The ultrasonic clearer came today.

rd4001-020.jpg

I had to rush out and try it.

Before: RD400 carb

rd4001-021.jpg

rd4001-022.jpg

rd4001-023.jpg

I didn't clean the carb with gunk - as I would normally do, I just put it in the cleaner with some ultrasonic carb fluid and water at 50 degrees for 20 minutes.

After

rd4001-024.jpg

rd4001-028.jpg

rd4001-025.jpg

rd4001-026.jpg

rd4001-027.jpg

It looks very, very clean. I will try the other carb with a Gunk clean on the outside first, a slightly higher temperature and for slightly longer. Very happy with the results.

Please see my post in the Members area

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

nice kit, will bear in mind when I get another project (there is one on the way)

Come on, what is the new toy Drewps?

can't say yet, still early stages and I need to sneak it in too.

Nice work DT that looks like a huge piece of kit!!!

I've got one of those small Maplin Ultrasonic cleaner, I say small, a carb fits inside, do it one side first then turn it over.

I do find the more parts you put in, they don't clean up so well as they do when in on their own.

I'm sure its down to 'interference' of the ultrasonic waves, a bit like throwing two stones into different areas of a pond and where the ripples meet the waves are dispersed.

Experimenting with various solutions and temperatures, I found using just boiled water best and despite trying detergents etc I was quite impressed with the organic seaweed based cleaner it came with which was most effective for aluminium and brass.

can't say yet, still early stages and I need to sneak it in too.

I look forward to seeing it. Give us a clue, 2 stroke?

Nice work DT that looks like a huge piece of kit!!!

I've got one of those small Maplin Ultrasonic cleaner, I say small, a carb fits inside, do it one side first then turn it over.

I do find the more parts you put in, they don't clean up so well as they do when in on their own.

I'm sure its down to 'interference' of the ultrasonic waves, a bit like throwing two stones into different areas of a pond and where the ripples meet the waves are dispersed.

Experimenting with various solutions and temperatures, I found using just boiled water best and despite trying detergents etc I was quite impressed with the organic seaweed based cleaner it came with which was most effective for aluminium and brass.

Cheers NE0. I heard that screenwash works well in them.

Hi Paul.

Aquablasting....................... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm now there's an idea.

Nice bit of kit, mate. I've got a wee low power unit that needs the carb broke down and the body needs turned, oh and I used mr muscle and it does a good job

about the same as mine , I use TFR , (traffic film remover) vapour blasting is the only way to get the metal outside shiny and new ,