Need crank rebuilder and suggestion on how to fix an exhaust fitting?

jcc@znet.com
This post is 3652 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys! Just joined the group..
I have been running my T500 Titan for about 20 years, but I am a brand new vintage Yamaha owner -just bought a non-running YM2C 305 last week in Albuquerque.
The bike looked like a great candidate for resto as the chrome was great, tank is dent and rust free, and owner said it was running when last parked 12 years ago. It kicked over fine, and when I looked inside the exhaust ports, the cylinders and pistons were beautiful.
I have run in to a couple of problems I hope someone can help with-
1. The prior owner once parked it somewhere wet. Water got in to the right carb, which I have been able to save, but it also flowed into the crank area. Based on the amount of rust I seeing in there, I think the center main bearing has rusted. This is a REEEEL pity, as the crank is like new otherwise. Can anyone recommend a good guy to press apart and rebuild the crank? (preferably, near Denver)
2. The YM2C has aluminum cylinders, and the exhaust pipes are attached to each cylinder by a big exhaust nut. The aluminum male threads on both cylinders are totally stripped... Can anyone suggest a fix for this?
Thanks
Jeff Craddock
Morrison, CO
74 Suzuki T500 Titan
75 Kaw KE125
77 Yamaha IT400
67 Yam YM2C

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Jeff and Welcome to the YOC :wavey: , sorry to hear about your problem with the bike and I'm sure someone will be along to help out if they can but I wonder if you might be so kind as to do an INTRO in the new members section as most folks will not answer a post if the poster has not done an intro, we get a LOT of one hit wonders on here who want advice and then dissapear never to be heard from again and never so much as say "thanks" for the advice. Not saying your one of them and hope you will stick around as you sound like our kind of guy but you Will get more interest if you post an intro. :jossun:

PS this is an "OPEN" forum so NO addresses or phone numbers mate. Unless you want the internet trolls to visit?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online