Sc projects exhaust

joe.b
This post is 3644 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi.

Any of you guys fitted an sc projects exhaust to an xj6?

I've bought a second hand one and trying to work out correct fitting.

Basically the header pipes are numbered 1/4 and I'm trying to work out if it's left to right as if your looking from the front or rear of the bike towards the exhaust.

Guy I purshased it of can't help and I've been in touch with sc projects but the language barrier is tricky to get my question across.

I've fitted it left to right as if your looking at header pipes from rear of bike but it's niggling me whether this us right it not?!

Any clues guys? :))

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Surely Cyl 1 is LHS when sat on the bike?

Get some photos up, once fitted.

• Like 1

cheers for the reply...

think my post got moved so only just found it

yes this is what I assumed, actually I recently spoke to a guy who had the same exhaust/problem and he actually fiited his the opposite way to mine,ive emailed sc projects but they're English isn't the best and they cant give me a definite answer either,they suggested I send pix.

strange thing is the pipes are having a tendancy to pull to the left and have touched and melted the belly pan(didn't notice when fitted originally) but weirdly enough the guy who fitted his the opposite way has experienced the pipes pulling in exact same direction!! he ended up cutting small part of the belly pan to accommodate this..

....nightmare eh lol