New Member (and family)

Oldfjman
This post is 3661 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Evening all - new member here, had my current FJ1200 since new in '89 (got first in '86) and had a 2nd FJ 1200 (that ended up a race bike) between '94 and '09. First Yam was my FS1E in '76.

My wife got her first Yam in '03 - her Fazer 1000 - which she still has and loves. Here she is with both bikes in '04 ready for family Europen tour (with our sons aged 9 & 14)

5k1udl.jpg

In early 2011 when our youngest was 17yrs and 3 months old, he passed his bike test - and there was only one bike he/we considered - a pre '04 Fazer 600 - comfort, style, reliability, everything except 33 bhp - but a kit soon sorted that. The restrictors has just been removed and he's now enjoying full power riding - here's the bike on return from de-restriction, still stylish at 11 yrs old.

2m2ie6s.jpg

I suppose you could say that we're died in the wool Yam-Fan's even though we've another 8 non-Yam bikes in the garage. The FJ & Fazers are our clear favourite's (although I really do love my RSV as well and Liz will never sell her '85 VF 750 FD, otherwise known as "Freddie").

Ride well, ride safe, ride fast.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wife and son with their Fazer's on Easter Monday, together with my RSV - the FJ is awaiting fitting of it's USD front end from a FZR 1000 RU.

2r571tz.jpg

Ha ha - lots of pics in our collection - couple here

In Black Forest 2004, myself, wife and two kids (youngest with flip up lid is the one with the 600 now)

33biv04.jpg

My FJ 1200 "bed", at Plymouth when we arrived 4 hrs early for the ferry - and it was raining !

34s2ujp.jpg

SUMMER 2009 in Scotland (again youngest gets in the picture) and yes it rained non-stop for the whole trip - with our best friends, also on their Fazer 1000 (we bought the Fazer 600 from them).

209k290.jpg

:welcome:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online