ascaudio
This post is 6623 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:D hi guys just wanted a toy and bought an 05 dt125re in black .having a giggle on it old days flooding back .

any ways ive fitted a dep pipe which has helped the speed and acceleration but like a typical guy i want more any ways of de restricting it i heard rumours about a green and black wire under the clocks that need s to be earthed is this true ? what else can be done ..

i heard about people forcing the power valve s open and its fucked there bikes so nothing that severe but what do ya recon many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Welcome to the forums mate, in regards to the DT mozzy is your man. I had an older DTR which had the powervalve open and it was fine... whats your CR i used to have a CR250 my best off road bike ever! B)

thanks mate i had a cr 500 was a nice bike but a bit of a widow maker my mate went on it five mins and broke his colar bone and leg in three places bike was trashed . lol ty for the welcome will hope to here from mozzy

• Admin

Dont think i would have been too keen to ride your 500.... i remember the 250 used to make the ground shake B)

thanks mate i had a cr 500 was a nice bike but a bit of a widow maker my mate went on it five mins and broke his colar bone and leg in three places bike was trashed . lol ty for the welcome will hope to here from mozzy

hello m8...watch out for mozzy mind.....he's from bristol you know :o

welcome ascaudio

good to see there is anothe r dirt squirter on board. they once had an oversupply of the cr 500 in australia in 99/ 2000 so they road registered them after fitting lights, blinks, and gearing them up. went like a shower of shit on the road. me and a mate went halves as we couldnt afford them on our own. only kept it 12 months as started getting bored on it. not very practical and were too snappy for enduro riding and not equipped for the track.

yup yup nuffin more pleaseing to throw mud as high as a pylon with some meaty nobblys

I recall riding a mates CR once.....it had a thrashed rear mudguard.....threw mud clear out in front of ya! :D

• Admin

Yeah they had the road legal ones over here, they were called a CRM... saw one recently for sale with super moto rims, at £3500 just way too much but could be seriously tempted if it was half that price :(

• 3 weeks later...

ok here goes no help from here so ill do it bin ages on the net like a geek found the info yamy dt125re

undo three phillips screws from head light left right and top of front mud guard pull down what looks like a rubber condom housing some wires and plugs . checked on this so dont worry theres a white plug with four wires that come from the frame side of the bike but on the other side of plug(towards the clocks) theres only three wires so the spare black and green wire that goes to nothing pull out from white clip and solder an extra foot of black 7.5 amp cable ! not bell wire add one ring terminal and i earthed mine on the chassis bolt which holds the rad support onto the frame connect up seal water tight and put it back together .

reasults are a louder more proud growl .( 125 yeah i know ) but the power increase and pull are amazing ..

usually i get 65 70 on the flat if im lucky ( no head wind jokes ya cunts) but now it pulles 65 up a very steap hill near where i live very impressed time for an accident now!!! lol

anyways hope this helps others too >:)

ps i do have a dep pipe so dont think standard stuff will breath the same guys must have good air flow

even talked to a guy on the lights who had an r1 and said that goes ok dosnt it for a baby so im fecking chuffed >:)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online