yamaha dt125lc2 unseized ?,,its self ?

rob_aka_chippy
This post is 3698 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

right so a few months ago now my dt seized up on me in the fields doing a little greenlaning, the throttle went rearly heavy and cut out, the kick was really hard to kick, like was really stiff, it started but shortyl died and was jammed stuck,??(the kick start) but could get it back in neutral no problem, after strippin it down i then tried takiin the engine out the frame but the swinagrm pivot bar was jammed, so i thought id jus strip the head and barrell of while i gave the bolt a good long soakin, barrell came of really nice wasnt stuck at all, then came the wacks wit the hammer and flametorch, unsuccesful was the out come :'[, and then for some reason i grabbed hold of the flywheel and it moved ever so slighlty, with a little more twist it jus freed off, pulled out the kick start and its free just like before,,,thinkin something gave out got jammed and then my attempts of thumping f**k outta that bolt, has knocked loose the debris,? but stil cant remove tht bolt so cant strip it down for furhter work?.....

any clues or theories to what has happened or what went wrong to start with ?

thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It seized up but on the crank not the piston. Now its cold it moved. That movement allowed it to turn a little and that got it going again.

It may go again and run fine (with good oil mixed properly). I would certainly try on a field bike. If its a proper road bike. that's a tricky call.

Should really give it a rebuild, depends how lucky you are.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online