Big guys on FZ6?

Del
This post is 6675 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm considering the FZ6 as a replacement for my GS650G.

I'm 6'3", 240 pounds. I have no problem doing 500+ mile days on the GS.

Any big guys out there on this bike? Is this bike comfortable for big guys on all day rides?

Thanks much,

Del

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm considering the FZ6 as a replacement for my GS650G.

I'm 6'3", 240 pounds. I have no problem doing 500+ mile days on the GS.

Any big guys out there on this bike? Is this bike comfortable for big guys on all day rides?

Thanks much,

Del

I don't necessarily think you're too big for it Del.....it's more a case of the bike will be too revvy for you.

It's much more peaky than the original Fazer....consequently you'd be ringing it's neck all day to get anywhere.

You'd be better off with the FZ1.

Thanks for the response.

At the risk of offending the only responder, I'm not sure what you mean by "too revvy for you".

I've been riding for 20 years; I understand about smaller engines needing to wind higher to make power.

And I'm cheap. I don't want to put gas in a big engine.

Thanks for your advice,

Del

I've been riding for 20 years; I understand about smaller engines needing to wind higher to make power.

And I'm cheap. I don't want to put gas in a big engine.

That's half the Fun of a smaller bike, eh Del? ;)

I've been wanting an FZ6 ever since they 1st came out......I can definitely relate! B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online