xt250 ecu

bikecrazy100
This post is 3723 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Need help, rewiring a xt250 non runner, fitted a new loom, switch and coil, the cdi i got is not fitting my loom, think it not a bike one. i like to make it a 12v system, do i need to get a 6v ecu or later 12v ecu, the regulator is a 12v one, any help will be great! many thanks Tony.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Tony

You need the correct one for your bike really.

TTB

• 2 weeks later...

Hi tommytenbikes. Got myself a new yamaha ecu (169 pounds) 3y1-20 , now starting to fit this, slight problem. The new loom i got has two red wires with the other wires for the ecu, there is one red wire coming out of the ecu, has yours? We sent a test down one red wire with a spade conector, and the other end was the battery red wire, this is a after market loom, not a yamaha one but they say it is the same, ie 1980 to 83 uk and europe, any help will be Appreciated. many thanks Tony.

Hi tommytenbikes. Got myself a new yamaha ecu (169 pounds) 3y1-20 , now starting to fit this, slight problem. The new loom i got has two red wires with the other wires for the ecu, there is one red wire coming out of the ecu, has yours? We sent a test down one red wire with a spade conector, and the other end was the battery red wire, this is a after market loom, not a yamaha one but they say it is the same, ie 1980 to 83 uk and europe, any help will be Appreciated. many thanks Tony.

I will have to have a look at my lads bike next time im in the garage Tony, leave it wuith me for a few days.

TTB

If someone has a 250 they ae prepared to loan us, we will look at building new cdi units for these bikes. I'm just finishing off work on IT490 lighting kits and tweaking the CDis then we'll have space in our workshop for this project.