Fowlers spare parts order

DirtyDT
This post is 3777 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just ordered a few bits from Fowlers. My first time there. The site said everything was in stock. Paid and got an email saying every single item was on backorder. Not impressed. I won't be using them again.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

they phoned me once and I was in Austria and said it'll cost a fortune phoning. no probs they said and they were saying the parts had arrived for dispatch!

I got some stuff off them last week, same as Paul website said what they had & what I'd have to wait for, received everything except oil strainer gasket which is no longer available but I wasn't really surprised by that as no one esle has them either lucky for me I remembered I had a complete gasket set in the garage so didn't need it after all, but Fowlers kept me up to date by email and even phoned me to apologize as it was Yamaha that said it was still available and they have now updated their records.

I would recommend them to anyone.

Well you have all been luckier than me. The site said everything was in stock but not one item was.

I am in the mood to cancel and order from the states.

First and last order they get from me, and I do like to spend.

Update:

I might have to take all my comments back. I have just received an email to say the items have been dispatched :crazy: . The last email from them at 6:20 last night said they were all on back order. What the email actually said was:

"One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short.

Please accept our sincere apologies.

We'll send you a confirmation e-mail when your items are dispatched to confirm the date, contents and method of delivery.
"

Sounds good to me DT, as long as they let you know what's going on, nothing worse than some scrote telling you "we have it" then finding out it will be 4 weeks for delivery and not a word of apology or what's going on. At least they apologised and told you what was happening that's worth it's weigh in gold all by itself.

True. I will wait and see what turns up. I did get some service and fork parts from a different supplier today so starting to horde already.

Just when I thought the balance of the universe was returning to normal, the one bit of back luck that DDT gets turns out to be good.

I swear if he went in to a revolving door behind you he'd come out in front :eusa_snooty:

well i don't want your looks, ...............

Come on, you know you do. I could get you some Brad Pitt lookalike work too.

6.20pm, ie after they were closed and you're ready to condemn them based on such a short period??!!

Blimey dude... not even *I* am that short-tempered.... am I?

I guessed it was an automated email triggered due to no stock.

I am taking your youtube lessons on anger management - I have broken 3 PC screens so far :smash:

So long as they're not your own screens, that's fine.

Remember - Pragmatism is rule number one. I laugh at those who threaten to kill themselves if "one more person says/does XYZ"... Kill the one more person instead!!

• Like 1

Haha

A few years ago I suffered a family bereavement and on my return to work I was sent to the 'head' doctor to assess my fitness to carry firearms. At one stage he says 'you carry firearms on your boat, have you ever thought of harming yourself'

My reply to this 'oh the list is long before I get to my own name'....

He saw the funny side and I was passed fit

• Like 3

Haha

A few years ago I suffered a family bereavement and on my return to work I was sent to the 'head' doctor to assess my fitness to carry firearms. At one stage he says 'you carry firearms on your boat, have you ever thought of harming yourself'

My reply to this 'oh the list is long before I get to my own name'....

He saw the funny side and I was passed fit

I like that Jimmy

I use Granby's there stuff is generally always in stock and quick to dispatch.

I live by Fowlers, if ever anyone wants me to go and order from the counter, let me know.

They are 100% better than they were 15-20 years ago. A very slick set-up with dedicated, knowledgeable staff - very Bristolian in that sense.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online