XJ600s 95 divi - rack ideas?

rob8440
This post is 3784 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all and merry Christmas.

I have a top box and mounting plate from an old bike but the rack won't fit, so I'm looking to fit a rack to my bike, but don't want:

a. A huge hunk of metal on the back.

b. To spend a fortune.

I was thinking of getting some steel/aluminum bars and fix them to the rear passenger handle mounting bolts(I don't carry pillions so don't need the handles), and fix the other end directly to the mounting plate. I'm wanting something minimal, but strong enough to be safe.

Before I get shouted at ;-) I have searched this forum and the interweb for 'homemade rack' despite a few interesting rack images (female type) I could find very little.

Anyway sorry for rambling on, but basically was wondering if anyone has done this, got pictures, got an engineering degree so I don't end up killing myself or putting the top box through a cage window!

Thanks

Rob

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Rob, I bought a rack off of a Honda CX500 and cut it in half, extended the frame with 15mil chrome pipe and it fit a treat, you couldn't see the join cos it was under the box, used pop rivets to hold it together and the whole thing cost me £15. I fitted one side first then measured the difference cut the pipe to size and then bolted the other side on and riveted the whole thing back together. it's cheap and you can chuck it away when you don't want it any more, in fact it's still sitting in my garage now (got rid of the Maxim) so if you want that your more than welcome.

PM me if you want the rack I will send you some photos if you like.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online