NEW CLUTCH

hippyracer
This post is 3808 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello All

My clutch is nearing it's end on my xj6n. when it does finally give up, I want to have a go at replacing it myself. Can I get away with just changing the friction plates or will I have to change steel plates as well.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yep as long as you dont let it get ot worn,ie to the point it totaly goes and blue up the steels and warp them.

Lay each steel plate on glass and try and run a feeler gauge under warp limit is aprox.004 in or 0.1 mm.

Dont for get to soak your new friction plates in oil overnight prior to installing

NP have a look on utube lots of vids about changing out clutches,one thing thoe dont over tighten the pressure bolts they break quite easy ,,tighten them up till tight and thats good,the spring will keep em in place.I like to use some blue loctight on em.Actualy I put blue on every bolt on my bikes.

Good luck with the job hope it goes smooth for you.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online