Sr125 top end refurb

Nightfirez
This post is 3819 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all been a while

finally got around to sorting out the inlet valve on the SR knowing it had badly mushroomed and kept shearing the adjusters

had a ball trying to get the old valve out had to grind it down so it would pass through the guide no major drama really just an hour with a small file

popped in a new adjuster new valve seal and obviously new valve nicely lapped in

flushed out the top end oil path ways didn't find much gunk and gave the top end a once over cams have no sign of wear neither do the rocker arms

thought right time to follow the manual and put it back together again no major drama shocker for me I know lol

now one thing im not overly sure of

I lined up all the markers and reinstalled the cam chain about half a dozen times the closest I can get them all to been perfectly lined up is to with in half a cam chain link's length im just wondering if that would be an acceptable tolerance ? as there is no real guide in the manual I have

thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I wouldn't really be happy with that myself,,,,,, as you say its a full half link out.

Din you try rotating the pully a few times then put chain on, or leave the pully half link short then by the time the chain goes on the lines might match up. You may have to rotate the bottom pully a few times if possible then realine everything and try chain again.

Ya might need a new chain to sort it.

Hope ya get it sorted

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online