silly mirror mistake

dabiscuit
This post is 3828 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all. This is only my second post I have introduced myself so dont shoot me!!!

Im only 3 months old in biking terms and did a rather silly thing with my 2013 diversion xj6. Whilst pushing it into a bike park area at work I didnt realise that I had connected with a pole that was slowly bending the wing mirror back. So much so that it snapped off including the arm!

Im just wondering if it is an easy enough job to buy a new one and fit it myself. Im quite handy. Is this advisable and if so where is a reputable source for a replacement?

Cheers all!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, Your mirror should be an easy fix, just undo the locking nut and take the whole thing off and then remove the broken stub from the inside of the bolt, you didn't say which mirror you broke off but on most bikes they are handed either right or left hand depending which one you broke. Just be aware that you need to check before you buy another one. Ebay can be a good source of bits and bob's or some swear by YAMABITS or WEMOTO, otherwise just go down to your local dealer and buy one off the shelf and they will make sure you have the proper one.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online