Shit Day

jimmy
This post is 3864 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Back at work today after 4 days off trying to finish off my garage conversion (hence the reason for the big shed earlier this year). Anyway still waiting for the roof tiles to be fitted and with very heavy rain forecast I stapled a load of tarpaulin over the sarking last night. Obviously not enough cos I got a call from the good lady saying water was coming in and soaking parts of the newly fitted plasterboard,

Pop into screwfix and get some more tarps says I.

Half an hour later I get a call from the wife stating she had fell off a ladder and her hand landed on an upturned sawblade. I'm just back from hospital where she has been taken into theatre with suspected tendon damage. Bugger......

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cheers folks

I'm hoping the tendon damage is the worse case scenario, and they just want to be sure

Bugger jim" bad day indeed, more rain tonight too, you shudda felted the roof, reinforced felt is £7 a roll . 10msq. per roll.

wudda kept it dry all winter in tacked on propper,,

who left the blade lying around,,, :eusa_doh: . thots are with her . :kissflowers:

Just called the ward and she is back from surgery. The nurse says she is doing well but she couldn't tell me the extent of any damage or otherwise to the tendons

I have a breathable membrane on the sarking (£250 a roll, I only bought £50 worth off my mate tho), but the top of the windows arent sealed yet. Needing the tiles fitted so I can set the height of the bargeboard and soffits and although cavity trays have been fitted there are no tiles to dress the lead into yet. It was just the driving wind that has forced the rain in

give your missus a message from me jimmy..

were there's blame there's a claim :jossun:

she needs to sue your ass..

now thats off my chest,

i hope she gets well soon mate,,

it sounded painful, you owe her big time now bro..

You're not the first person to point that out today matey.

Ah geez that's crazy! Accidents just happen so fast! :shrug: Here's hoping a speedy recovery to her!

Hope she gets better soon mate!

As for the weather last night! fook me was it bad down here, got into work this morning to find my warehouse underwater!

Well thanks for the good wishes folks.

Spoke with the nurses today and all went well with no damage to the tendons so hopefully a good recovery is in order.

Once again thanks for the positive vibes

• Like 1

Oh and she just told me she went up to the hospital on the back of my sons bike...real class my woman

• Like 2

She sounds like a tuff girl,glad she will be ok ..tendon dammage can be real tricky sometimes they shrink when they heal

You know she's going to bust your balls about the blade being left and rightfully so,didn't your mom teach you to put your toy's away when your done playing with them. Best be making her as comfee as possible when she gets home, , the next 10-15 day's are going to be a real PITA for her untill it heals. You said she fell from the ladder anyother dammage?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online