Liquid Image Impact 1080p Camera Goggles

Yamahdan
This post is 3887 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I had these goggles bought for me as a gift from the loving missus last year, she got them on a trip to Vegas for me... I hadn't even heard of them until then, but you can get them here (probably cheaper than she got them bless her)...

http://www.liquidimageco.com/products/model-367-impact-series-hd1080p

I have them in black, with the clear lens and tear off lenses.

I would highly recommend these goggles to anyone to use for recording their daily ride for safety and insurance purposes, or for anyone who wants to take them out and abuse them... like I do...

The picture and sound quality from them is amazing, as good as any Go-Pro video I've seen!

But, what makes these better than the Go-Pro's in my opinion is the fact that they give a true "eye view" so what I see is what you see in the video, and theres no camera hanging off the top or side of your helmet waiting to be smashed to pieces when you whip past a tree or fall off and head plant!!

The battery lasts ages and stays charged even when stored, I took mine out the other day after being left for a couple of months in the box and they still had 75% battery... I find them very easy to use, they only have two buttons and a little LCD screen inside accompanied by two LED's for the two different modes. They use a Micro-SD card so expanding the memory is easy...

BUT, there are a couple of downers to this brilliant bit of kit...

I am "of small stature" so I only have a small helmet and the goggles (due to the battery and processers hanging out of either side) are just a little too wide to sit "snugly" inside the helmet gap and onto my face like a standard set of goggles would... this doesn't bother me because they do seal against crap getting in but they just don't feel like a normal set of goggles.. if that makes sense

Also the battery compartment, the door to the compartment pushes shut and then a slide lock keeps it in place,, this is fine but I have a habit that when I put the goggles on I always unlatch the door, which wont cause any trouble all the time the goggles are on, but as soon as you remove them the battery falls straight out, and if you didn't stop recording with the button, everything you had will now be lost.. including the battery because it is one of those things that just dissapears under the bike somewhere..

Apart from that as mentioned before I would highly recommend these to anybody, I will upload a video to YouTube to show you the quality of them soon...

Thanks

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not to rush you but it's been 2 days got that vid ready yet, I'm currious the adversment say''s a breif imersion in water have you used them in the rain for a long period of time

I just bought thesehttp://www.hiddencameraglasses.com/?msn-search-glasses waiting to try them when they show up not sure how easy the button s will be to operate with the lid on,or how they will stand up over time but for 90 bucks no big loss

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online