YZF 750R poor running

pdmtor
This post is 6689 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, I've got 1995 YZF 750R (import) don't know where from though.. doesn't seem to want to rev above 9-10k without spluttering and missing, idles rough as well but goes great in between..? Only recently got the exup working, has improved mid range and not so much of a flat spot at 3k, new plugs and caps, (they were shorting) but still hasn't made much of a difference, and carbs have been balanced..alledgedly

Anyone out there struck this before or no of any reasons and cures...? i'm stuck! cheers Pete

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello, I've got 1995 YZF 750R (import) don't know where from though.. doesn't seem to want to rev above 9-10k without spluttering and missing, idles rough as well but goes great in between..? Only recently got the exup working, has improved mid range and not so much of a flat spot at 3k, new plugs and caps, (they were shorting) but still hasn't made much of a difference, and carbs have been balanced..alledgedly

Anyone out there struck this before or no of any reasons and cures...? i'm stuck! cheers Pete

has it got a dyno jet on it ? are the carbs set corectly? if its an import depending on where its come from has the carbs got the correct jetting ?

when was the valve shims done last ?

might be none of these things but might be worth doing some cheaking

valve clearances a defo mine well out about a year ago

but not a job if your not very clued up..

cab balance is a good start best thing to do is get it

on a dyno and let some one do that..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online