Carb prob.

carlo
This post is 3927 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All

Has anyone ever had carb, prob, that what ever they did to it it would still not run prop, and as a last resort put a new carb, on and it worked fine?

If you look at my other post of, HELP, you will see every thing I have tried.

I'm just thinking as a last resort to spend money on a new carb, but don't want to if it don't solve the prob, can't think what else it could be except the carb,

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If the carb assembly has some damage like chipped parts or broken parts best thing to do is to buy a new carb. If a carb repair kit doesn't solve the problem that you may be missing some thing. I can recommend a shop in your area but you can try to down load a systematic diagram on how to clean and re- assemble your carb.

If the carb assembly has some damage like chipped parts or broken parts best thing to do is to buy a new carb. If a carb repair kit doesn't solve the problem that you may be missing some thing. I can recommend a shop in your area but you can try to down load a systematic diagram on how to clean and re- assemble your carb.

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion but there are no chips, cracks etc to body or inside, I have diagram of carb and have stripped it and cleaned it 4 times with no result. All jets are clear and airways blow freely. after removing the aircleaner I have just tried blocking the air cleaner intake hole with my hand whilst it is ticking over and then reving the bike as I remove my hand and it revs up to the max for 5 seconds then drops back to the normal tickover, did this about a dozen times but it still reverts to not being able to rev, just cuts out when you try and rev it. Now this tells me it is either a leak at the carb intake or carb manifold or blocked carb, I had it ticking over and sprayed carb cleaner at the carb intake and carb manifold but no increase in rev, so would think thats not the prob, I think it must be a blocked carb somewhere, can't tink of anything else, any ideas ?

Thanks

This post is 3927 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.