Yamaha XVS125 - Sprocket Question

Zedfragg
This post is 3927 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

Just a quick question regarding the front sprocket, I was doing some cleaning on the bike and removed the chrome faring etc and decided to clean out the front sprocket housing.

After clearing the gunk and, oddly, leaves from the housing I noticed the sprocket had only 13 teeth!

Then I started wondering, I know this bike had a sprocket change before I owned it but the invoice doesn't say how many teeth the new sprocket had nor the old one.

What is the starndard front sprocket teething on the XVS125 please? as I can't find the information via google.

Cheers all

Zedfragg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys,

Just a quick question regarding the front sprocket, I was doing some cleaning on the bike and removed the chrome faring etc and decided to clean out the front sprocket housing.

After clearing the gunk and, oddly, leaves from the housing I noticed the sprocket had only 13 teeth!

Then I started wondering, I know this bike had a sprocket change before I owned it but the invoice doesn't say how many teeth the new sprocket had nor the old one.

What is the starndard front sprocket teething on the XVS125 please? as I can't find the information via google.

Cheers all

Zedfragg

If my memory still serves me well, then its 16 teeth at the front

Cant remember what the rear should be, but id check that too if I were you. 59 rings a bell.

Cheers Neversaydie,

Common sense should have told me to ask about the rear as well but it didn't cross my mind!

I'll have a check of that in the morning, I've ordered a 15t & 16t to see if that suits it a bit better but I should check to see if the rest is still stock.

Thanks again!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online