Help please

This post is 3934 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have a 52 plate sr 125 and have been riding for about a month so far i have changed the chain and sprockets oil and replaced a few broken parts. all was going well but now the bike keeps cutting out on me had it on the center stand ticking over and it cut out been riding along with no problems and all of a sudden it will cut out. wher i does cut out it takes a few attempts to get it started again iv checked that there is fuel and have even switched over to reserve tank to see if it made any difference and it has not any help would be great

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This is the NEW MEMBERS WELCOME AREA. :welcome:

After you've introduced yourself, head over to the WORKSHOP, where some very helpful people will be only too glad to give you all the help they can.

If it's a carb model it may be that the float is sticking allowing the carb to fill and then when the floats at the top gets stuck...........the fuel in the carb then burns away thus allowing you to drive for a while and then it cuts out........Im guessing the float then eventually drops.

Be worth stripping the carb and cleaning all the jets out carefully and ensuring float dont stick, give the pin and floats a really good clean up with a bit of wire wool on the pin that holds the floats.

Hope this sorts it, otherwise it may be onto the electrical system, and I have proven to be a bit crap with that ;-)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online