1998 diversion 600

Andy s
This post is 6706 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Was just wondering if anyone would have a idea what is wrong with one of my bikes (would just hapen to be the one that i am riding at the moment as well). There seems to be oil getting into the exhaust and then burning whilse it is in the downpipes, i cant understand it as the bike is serviced regulaly and has only done 17000 miles, though other than loosing the oil this way the bike runs sweet and like new. it would use approx one litre of oil in 15 miles when warm.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

thats still a lot of oil to be passing thorugh a valve seal!!

is the oil burning in the engine ie are the plugs blabk or is it just getting into the zirts and getting hot??

id be tempted to get the compression checked and also the air filter box

as it is possible for the crank case breater to be heavily venting and the oil to be passing straight through the 2/3 carbs

is this bike an import?

some yank models have exhaust feeds from the cam box into the exhaust fia reed valves etc

could worth checking out as thta would pu oil stright into the exhaust

add a bit more info and ill get stuck in

thats still a lot of oil to be passing thorugh a valve seal!!

is the oil burning in the engine ie are the plugs blabk or is it just getting into the zirts and getting hot??

id be tempted to get the compression checked and also the air filter box

as it is possible for the crank case breater to be heavily venting and the oil to be passing straight through the 2/3 carbs

is this bike an import?

some yank models have exhaust feeds from the cam box into the exhaust fia reed valves etc

could worth checking out as thta would pu oil stright into the exhaust

add a bit more info and ill get stuck in

The oil is getting into the exhausts and getting hot i think, though when riding it when the engine is warm oil sprays onto my boots and over the outside of both back boxes and manages to even get onto the side pannels surrounding the seat. thanks for the help mate and it is a uk model, thanks again.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online