The Leviathan Project (DT125RE)

Calum122
This post is 2895 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Why do you want more power out of a 125 ??? Why not save your money until you pass your test and get a bigger bike ???

Dont take offence i think what you are doing is great work but well you know....th_fun.gif

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Passed my test mate thanks haha.

But nah it's not about power. It's about delivery.

I don't even want that much power. I'm just doing it because i can. It's good fun and it will be i teresting to see what you can get out of it. I'm aiming for low 20 to 25bhp. More than that and it just won't be any good for everyday use.

My intentions are to have it dyno'd at the end.

Watching quitely just so you know,but after you get the porting done get some measurements and good picts.

Lots of different ways to copy it IE...Tape paper inside the bore mark top and bottom of the ports bottom of barrel top of barrel. And trace or blue die( blue die the barrel and press paper to it the die will only stick to the bore not the ports) the shape this way you can duplicate it later if needed

No doubt they will be altering the port height width ect and I trust you using a reptibule sorce for this work so learn from them

Making a plaster plug to get the port shape is also a good way to be able to measure it.

This will probably be the last post I make on this this yeah.

Awaiting parts now. New tab washers. New clutch and springs. Carbon reeds.

All of which i'd expect in the new year. I've also dropped my old cylinder off at skellerns yamaha for a hone and new piston. No need for rebore which is good bstill original bore too! 20k miles :D

So here's the last of it. Been assembling the primary drive gears and clutch assembly. Also added the kickstart to the tzr.

Enjoy.

9D150933-180F-478E-8057-2E7A3C451061_zps

5340FB18-7DFF-415E-9978-D0013FCB33BB_zps

7838CD58-6FB2-4293-B05C-8860A947B788_zps

This took me a while to figure out. Just persistence in the end got me there. Be interested to see whether this works or not.

32133D77-E3EE-4529-B643-AF106A680A97_zps

At least I didn't see the peddle bikes come back past mate LOL, It doesn't seem bad, will be good to get vid after to compare difference.

• 2 weeks later...